Roofing Hail Damage
Hail forms in a variety of shapes and sizes, many of which cause damage to roofing and other exterior components. Except for truly extreme storm conditions, typical hail damage is not visible from the ground and goes unnoticed to the untrained eye.
This same hail that can go unnoticed to the homeowner will cause shingles and other building components to prematurely fail before their regular service life. If you do not get your roof inspected after a hail storm for damage, it may come with a significant cost in the future.
Signs of Possible Hail Damage
- Hail storm recently in area
- Small dents in metal on roof
- Cracks and marks on roof and siding
Hail Damage Effects
- Accelerates shingle granule loss
- Premature failure of roof system
- Premature failure of siding
- Premature failure of other exterior building items
- Voids manufacturer’s warranty
Insurance companies enforce time limits in which claims can be filed. These time limits are typically one year, but they can be a little as six months depending on your insurance policy. The insurance carriers prefer a qualified professional contractor to verify damage before a claim is filed to prevent unnecessary claims. Legacy Roofing Services is trained to identify storm damage in accordance with industry standards and are available to service you!